The purpose of the national e-booking system is to make it easier for people to find an appointment to a specialist doctor. This solution gives the patient the freedom to choose and book appointments from one place without having to call different medical facilities or use different appointment booking environments of health care service providers.
How it works
- The national e-booking system is a booking environment for the appointments to special doctors in the Patient Portal www.digilugu.ee.
- In one view, the user can book, cancel or change the initial appointment of a specialist in all healthcare institutions that have joined this solution.
- All medical institutions, including private medical institutions who want people to see and be able to book appointments to a specialist at their medical institution through a nationwide e-booking system, can join the service.
- In addition to appointments paid by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund, paid services can also be booked at the national e-booking system. The rule applies that only one appointment can be booked for services paid for by the EHIF, both with and without a referral.
Guidelines for using the national e-booking system:
- Information about booking and changing or cancelling the booking
- Authentication procedures (ID-card; M-ID, Smart-ID) + booking and changing or cancelling the booking
- Vaccination + authentication (ID-card; M-ID, Smart-ID) + booking and changing or cancelling the booking
- The guidelines for using the national e-booking system in Russian
Information to the developer of health care service provider:
- Guidelines for developing the interface to the national e-booking system, for the providers of health care services
- The goals and the main requirements for digital referrals and for the national e-booking system
- The interface for logging into from the information system of the national e-booking system
In the spring of 2021, we created an option in the national e-booking system to book times for COVID-19 vaccination all over Estonia. Read more HERE.