HIS data control module
The health information system receives data from nearly a thousand health care providers. The structure and content of this data must be checked before it is stored in the system.
How is it done?
At the moment the data is checked with a validation module that dates to the last decade and that no longer meets today's needs. One of the main problems is that the content controls of incoming messages are too "lenient" and often pass messages that do not create value or are even unacceptable from the business viewpoint. The creation and implementation of new control systems is inconvenient and time-consuming, it lowers the quality of health data in the HIS and has a direct impact on the quality of public health.
The new data control module makes it easier to set up and implement controls, which allows for much stricter data controls, thus ensuring better quality of health data.
What will be changed?
- The data control channel at both ends will be operating according to similar rules.
- Methods will be established for the central management of common data control rules and for synchronisation between the parties.
- A possibility will be created to check the structure of the data both on the basis of the HL7 CDA structure (XSD) and on the basis of specific XSDs created for checking the structures adapted for Estonia.
- A data control environment will be created that healthcare providers can install in their system.
- An interactive test environment will be created for developers.
The aim of the project is to create data control software based on machine-understandable rules with interactive tools for testing data containers.
The created solution will be implemented in the production environment in 2022.
Allocated support: 230,000 euros. The project is supported by the EU Regional Development Fund.