E-report of death
In Estonia, approximately 15,500 deaths are reported in a year. As a result of the e-report of death project, death-related data began to be exchanged digitally between institutions and relatives of the deceased were freed from the bureaucracy.
Saves time and simplifies the procedure
- Relatives of the deceased no longer have to go from a health care institution to a local government to register a death.
- With faster data exchange, we avoid situations where relatives have to pay benefits and pensions paid to the deceased back to the state.
- The healthcare professional does not have to fill in a paper medical death certificate, where a new form should be started if an error occurs
- With electronic data exchange, information reaches the population register and the register of causes of death faster.
- Health care service providers
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Ministry of the Interior
Forms and guidelines
- Guidelines for filling in the death certificate
- Application, the number of death entry
- Death notice
- Guidelines for filling in the death notice
- Notification of the reason of death
- Guidelines for filling in the notification of the reason of death
- The notice of the cause of perinatal death
- The guidelines for filling in the notice of the cause of perinatal death
- Death certificate
- Guidelines for registration death (in the Doctor’s Portal)
- Guidelines for registration death (TTO-MISP2)
The project is supported by the EU Regional Development Fund.